About Petuna Petuna is a privately-owned Read more [...]
Place Category: Salmon
Huon Aquaculture was founded in Tasmania’s Huon Valley in 1986 by Peter and Frances Bender. The company has grown from a small family operation, to now employing over 550 people across Tasmania and Australia. In 2014, Huon was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and remains a majority family-owned and operated company. Huon has the long-held the view that employing good people results in a positive work environment and farming success. In addition to farm operations, Huon Aquaculture also has Customer Service, Administration and support services located in Hobart, a trial Yellowtail Kingfish operation in New South Wales, and processing facilities in the north of Tasmania at Parramatta Creek and Botany, New South Wales.
Employer of Choice
In 2015, Huon Aquaculture was recognised as an Employer of Choice by the Tasmanian Government in acknowledgement of a highly innovative working culture, opportunities for career growth and family culture within the workforce.
Huon Aquaculture’s mission is to:
- Sustainably and efficiently produce the highest quality Salmon and Trout products possible;
- Strive to be leaders within our industry;
- Provide our customers with the best quality and service possible; and
- Be a workforce that seeks excellence and innovation in everything we do.
Huon Aquaculture’s values are:
- People – we value our employees and work together to develop our industry.
- Safety – we provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff, contractors and visitors.
- Community – we are responsible neighbours helping to build and support sustainable communities.
- Integrity – we are ethical, transparent, and inclusive in all our dealings.
- Creativity – we embrace the challenge of innovation and are driven by an improvement culture.
Care – we are passionate about our business, working together to achieve quality outcomes.